831 252 8490
In a Nutshell…
Ten years of experience in creative work, ranging from marketing to web design to product packaging to user interface to designing toys. Feverish eye for detail. Passion for helping small companies make their brand and presence rock solid and executing interesting solutions on a shoestring.
Freelance Graphic Designer, present
- Create and execute concepts for business identities, event collateral, signage, websites, catalogs, email newsletters, direct marketing materials and user interfaces. Clients include a medical device manufacturer, potter, Cuban jazz artist, yoga studio, a holiday light importer, and all points in between.
- Manage multiple projects, meet deadlines.
- Anticipate problems, troubleshoot projects, run press checks.
- Suggest alternatives to current practices, like using a 2-color process instead of 4-color to save money while achieving a unique aesthetic.
Owner, Marketing Director, Monkey Sock Monkey LLC, 2008-present
- Produce and distribute all creative collateral for a small manufacturing business. Includes marketing, sourcing materials, and product and packaging design.
- Took company from inception to its current presence in 45 states.
Freelance Author, Chronicle Books, 2009, “Sock Monkey and Friends”
- Wrote an instructional book to make nine sock animals, each with a cute name and history.
- Worked closely with illustrator, designer and production team to complete project within a tight deadline and make the best use of the budget.
Marketing Manager, Diamond Organics, 2004-2008
- Art directed catalog and marketing materials. Worked with printing company to ﬁnd ways to lower the cost and environmental impact of catalog production.
- Worked closely with CEO to develop marketing plan, publish press releases and communicate with shareholders.
Web Designer, Copywriter, Diamond Organics, 2002-2004
- Synthesized company identity into a clear voice by careful editing and design of catalog.
- Made website more informative and user-friendly; site traﬃc doubled during this time. Oversaw transition from static website to dynamic, database-driven site.
- Created sales materials and business collateral.
InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, Excel, Microsoft Oﬃce, WordPress, Constant Contact, Spreading Cheer.
Bachelor of Arts, Concentration in New Media and Graphic Design, Minor in Spanish
Western Washington University Honors Program, Cum Laude