SAMANTHA R. FISHER
831 252 8490
Graphic Design, Website Management, Marketing and Advertising, Project Management, Being Friendly
Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), Promotional Emails (Constant Contact),
Social Media (Facebook, Instagram), Website Management (WordPress, Dreamweaver), Project Management (Asana, Dropbox),
Office (Excel, Word)
Bachelor of Arts, Concentration in New Media and Graphic Design, Minor in Spanish
Western Washington University Honors Program, Cum Laude
Design and Communications Manager, 2012-present
– Hone and reinforce strong brand presence.
– Create innovative ad campaigns.
– Design ads, posters, postcards, brochures, signage, manuals, newsletters, branded clothing and gift items. Manage social media.
– Run press checks.
– Manage multiple projects, meet deadlines. Remodel and manage marketing calendar.
– Improve communications and internal processes to drive efficiency and quality.
Freelance Graphic Designer, 2009-present
– Create and execute concepts for business identities, event collateral, signage, websites, catalogs, newsletters, direct marketing materials and user interfaces. Clients include a medical device manufacturer, ceramicist, illustrator, Cuban jazz artist, the Seattle Polish Film Fest, and a holiday light importer.
– Manage multiple projects, meet deadlines.
– Anticipate problems, troubleshoot projects, run press checks.
– Research and suggest alternatives to current practices, like using a 2-color process instead of 4-color to save money and achieve a unique aesthetic.
Co-Founder, The Sugarplum Elves, 2007-present
– Started a performing arts group in San Francisco; it now flourishes in three cities.
– Design, art direct, and organize photoshoots for our promotional calendar.
– Recruit members, develop acts, book shows.
Co-Owner, Designer, Author, Monkey Sock Monkey, 2008-2018
– Started a sew-it-yourself children’s toy company.
– Designed nine original sock animals and co-authored an instructional book for kids (Sock Monkey and Friends, Chronicle Books, 2009).
– Designed packaging and advertising collateral for a small manufacturing business.
– Took company from inception to a presence in 45 states.
Designer, Diamond Organics, 2004-2008
– Designed catalog, marketing materials, and ad campaigns for mail-order company. Worked with printing company to find ways to lower the cost and environmental impact of catalog production.
– Worked closely with CEO to develop marketing plan, publish press releases and communicate with shareholders.
Web Designer, Copywriter, Diamond Organics, 2002-2004
– Synthesized company identity into a clear voice by careful editing and design of catalog.
– Made website more informative and user-friendly; site traﬃc doubled during this time. Oversaw transition from static website to dynamic, database-driven site.
– Created sales materials and business collateral.
Five years of marketing and advertising experience. Ten years of design and creative work, ranging from print to UI to designing toys. Passion for helping companies make their brand rock solid and highly visible.